Getting to where you want in life is not easy! Even when you’ve set your goals, broken them down into manageable pieces, and put together your step-by-step action plan, it’s still going to need real determination and self discipline to achieve your aims.
But that may not be enough either!
Sometimes it’s easy to be convinced that all your goals are well thought-out and that they are going to take you to your desired destination. But at the same time there’s just something else that nags away at you and prevents you from really enjoying what you’re doing.
I’ve recently made some changes in how I manage my business because of those little feelings that kept bothering me. Things were going o.k. with what I was doing but I knew things could be better and that there had to be a better way to reach my goals. There also had to be something that felt better.
And I was right! I’m now doing things differently and know that I’m heading in the right direction, and feeling great about it.
It’s important that you feel right about what you are doing. That means really knowing it’s right and not just convincing yourself that it is. So take a look at your goals and what you are doing to achieve them and consider these points:
– Do you wake up in the morning looking forward to the day ahead and the things you will be doing? It’s OK if there are some challenges and tasks you are not looking forward to but is your outlook positive on the day as a whole?
– As you go about your day do you find yourself doing things you really don’t feel good about? There may be one or two but they should be completely out-weighed by those moments when you feel happy and really enjoy what you’re doing.
– Do you feel proud of what you do? Does it make you feel fulfilled?
– When you are with your friends and those dear to you are you happy to talk about your life and what you’re doing? Can you be genuinely enthusiastic about it? Or do you prefer to keep quiet and even try to avoid the subject altogether?
– Do you genuinely want to be known for what you are doing at present and be remembered for it in the future? Or is there something that you’d much rather be doing?
I asked myself these questions and I wasn’t entirely happy with the answers I got. So I made changes. Now I know it’s not always as easy as that but if you really know what you want in your life then you must go for it. If that means making changes then you must find a way of doing so. You might not be able to make massive changes but think about what little steps you can take to get you back on the road to the life you desire.
Don’t find yourself sometime in the future asking the same questions and getting the same answers – take action today!
This article was written by Tony Hall who runs his own business helping individuals develop their personal and business skills. You can learn more about how to develop your own life skills and get your complimentary copy of “The Process of Success” by signing up for his email newsletter at: http://www.selfimprovementskills.com/newsletter.html