LIVING AND BEING IN THE FLOW OF LIFE Sitting down one evening to take a breath and reflect on the day that had been a total shocker, the realization of how living and being in the flow of life is not difficult. The day had started out with such promise. It was going to be a day of fun and frivolity. Unfortunately, instead of being true to myself, the opinions and influence of others took control. It would have been so much easier to have taken action and stood up for myself, but I did not want to rock the boat and create any ill will or hurt anyone’s feelings, never mind that I was being trampled on!.
It was at that moment in my life that I knew I had to create some rules that would govern how I live my life. It meant that I would be in the flow of life and find serenity and inner peace every day. I hope you can use these rules as a personal guide towards achieving your own happiness and inner peace…
TEN RULES TO LIVE BY
1. The only opinion that matters is your own – what other people think is totally irrelevant. Totally accept who you are, and remember that no-one is perfect. Everyone has something in the closest that brings them pain.
2. Be true to yourself and be who you are – it’s not necessary to be something you’re not in order to impress and/or to keep up with ‘the Jones’. Remember that real beauty is naked and has no adornment.
3. Inner peace comes from within … only you controls how or what you think. Get out of your head into your heart and really feel what you are thinking.
4. Find at least ten minutes a day – five minutes to write five things you are grateful for each day in your journal and five minutes to unwind, relax and let the day dissolve into serenity.
5. Material goods have a limited shelf life – you can’t buy inner peace – it comes from within and the only cost to you will be serenity.
6. Treat others as you wish to be treated. Respect and dignity can only be returned if you offer it. Remember the mirror!
7. Forgive any past failings you’ve had as well as anyone in your circle. Release any judgment and let go of all grudges. Embrace your past. Move on with your own life.
8. When it goes pear shaped and you have a crisis, work through the emotion and then let it go. Have no regrets as you are not the same person as yesterday. Life is forever changing!
9. Live fully in the present moment – attitude is contagious; surround yourself only with positive people. SMILE and the world will smile with you – it’s guaranteed!
10. Keep working on achieving change – it takes time and does not happen overnight – with practice, inner peace and self acceptance will be yours.
YOU CAN DO IT! Whilst not all days are diamonds, since I have started working at being in the flow of life and making a conscious decision to be at one with myself, the level of trust within me grows deeper and deeper each day.
Try it – the results are the proof of how great life can be if you live in the flow!
© Tracey Mulry 2009
Tracey Mulry is an extraordinary individual who is now a success and happiness strategiest, author, inspirational Australian, motivational speaker. Tracey guides you towards finding your true happiness through her life skills and wealth of experience. From the lowest of the low now soaring to new heights of self esteem, Tracey and her program can help you achieve your goals.